Angelica Root (China) CO2
Angelica Root (China) Steam
Aniseed 20% OFF
Basil Sweet (India)
Bergamot (Natural Blend) NEW
Bergamot - Bergaptene Free (Calabrian)
Bergamot - Bergaptene Free (Natural Blend)
Betel Leaf 30% OFF
Blood Orange (Sicily)
Cardamom Organic 15% OFF
Carrot Seed (CO2)
Carrot Seed (Steam) 35% OFF
Cedar Leaf (Eastern)
Cedar Leaf (Thuja)
Cedarwood (Atlas) Organic
Chamomile (South African)
Chamomile German (Egypt)
Chamomile German (Hungary)
Chamomile German (Nepal) 40% OFF
Chili Seed 25% OFF
Cinnamon Bark (Ceylon)
Cinnamon Bark (CO2)
Cinnamon Bark (Steam)
Cinnamon Bark Organic
Cinnamon Leaf Organic 10% OFF
Clementine (Natural Blend) NEW
Clove Bud (India)
Clove Bud (Indonesia)
Clove Bud Organic 5% OFF
Clove Leaf Rectified (Indonesia)
Clove Stem (Indonesia) 30% OFF
Coriander (India) 25% OFF
Cypress (Australian Blue)
Ajowan Essential Oil
Average Product Rating: 4.8 / 5 (Based on 4 Customer Reviews)
Botanical Name: Trachyspermum copticum
Plant Part: Seeds
Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
Description: Ajowan is an herbaceous annual, 30 -70 cm (1 -2 ft) in height, bearing feathery leaves and red flowers. The stems are striate, the leaves are rather distant, 2-3 pinnately divided, the segments linear.
Color: Pale yellow brown.
Aromatic Scent: Ajowan has a herbaceous, spicy, medicinal odor, similar to thyme.
Strength of Aroma: Strong
Common Uses: The chemical constituents in Ajowan Essential Oil, thymol and carvacol, have anti-spasmodic and anti-microbial properties.
History: Also known as Bishop’s Weed and Indian Thyme, Ajowan has been traditionally used in India as an antiseptic and aromatic carminative. Native to India, it is also cultivated in Iran, Egypt Pakistan and Afghanistan.
Cautions: Use well diluted as it can cause skin irritation. Avoid during pregnancy.
Customers should purchase products from New Directions Aromatics Inc. with the clear understanding that all products must be used at the customers own discretion and only after referencing Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) and all other relevant technical information specific to the product. New Directions Aromatics Inc. shall not be held responsible for any damages to property or for any adverse physical effects (including injury or bodily harm) caused by insufficient knowledge or the improper use of a product.
The user of the product is solely responsible for compliance with all laws and regulations applying to the use of the products, including intellectual property rights of third parties.
As with any manufacturing process, New Directions Aromatics strongly recommends small lab scale testing for evaluation purposes prior to full commercial manufacturing.
The information on the New Directions Aromatics Inc. website is obtained from current and reliable sources but makes no representation as to its comprehensiveness or accuracy. Nothing contained herein should be considered as a recommendation by New Directions Aromatics Inc. as to the fitness for any use. As the ordinary or otherwise use(s) of this product is outside the control of New Directions Aromatics Inc., no representation or warranty, expressed or implied is made as to the effect(s) of such use(s) (including damage or injury), or the results obtained.
The liability of New Directions Aromatics Inc. is limited to the value of the goods and does not include any consequential loss. New Directions Aromatics Inc. shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
Please note, the International Federation of Aromatherapists do not recommend that Essential Oils be taken internally unless under the supervision of a Medical Doctor who is also qualified in clinical Aromatherapy. In addition, Essential Oils must be properly diluted before use in order to avoid any damages to property or adverse physical effects (including injury or bodily harm).
IMPORTANT: All of our products are for external use only.
In addition, please read & understand appropriate technical, material safety data sheets and disclaimers before using this or any other New Directions Aromatics product.
As a valued customer we know that you expect the very best from the suppliers you purchase from.
That is why at New Directions Aromatics we take strides to ensure that your shopping experience is second to none!
• You can feel confident that New Directions Aromatics has a proven track record of delivering the very best products at market leading prices. We purchase in large volumes and warrant some of the best pricing in the industry from our suppliers. We then pass these savings on to you!
• We deliver a 100% Secure Shopping Experience . We have partnered with Mcafee and Thawte to deliver the very best in online security to ensure your critical payment information is protected.
• We are so confident in the quality of our products that we offer a 15-Day Money Back Guarantee. Any item can be returned within 15 days of receipt of shipment for a full refund on the cost of goods (excluding shipping charges). See our "Policies" section for more details.
• We know that quality means everything to You that is why we have industry leading Quality Assurance policies in place to ensure that the product You receive is of the highest quality. Our in house lab technicians use the very latest in testing equipment to verify every product that comes into our warehouse.
• 1000's of Customers choose New Directions as their supplier of choice for our unparalleled customer service, check our BizRate rating to see that in 2008 we had one of the highest score ratings in the industry.
Loyal Customer Since: 2012
Very pleasant uplifting herbaceous smell. The wheels are turning on how to incorporate this into a collogne.
Loyal Customer Since: 2010
This is a musky, woodsy scent. My husband at first smell called it entrancing, while I thought it was just ok. But it's great to find EOs that he enjoys as well.
Loyal Customer Since: 2005
Not sure about to many uses for this oil... will have to do some studying up on it, But the smell of this oil puts me right in the middle of a forest...it has a rich forest kind of smell that I find very cleansing and refreshing!
Loyal Customer Since: 2008
I use Ajowan (mixed in a spray bottle with water) on my counter tops in the kitchen and bathroom-it's great.