Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I really need to brag :-)
2010-03-09, 3:43 AM

My first attempt to make a whipped bodybutter came out sooooo wonderful! I'm almost in love with it Undecided/ X-D

I bought a whipper with a bowl that turns so I could turn it on and walk away (I'm not the patient type). Then I just put some stuff together that I had standing... first, I used too much oil (or too little butters). The mixture didn't set, it stayed fluid. So I added more melted cocoa butter, mixed for a while and let it set; then, when it became more solid I turned on the whipper again.

The result is fabulous... a luscious, lovely fluffy cream that looks like orange frosting on a cake, but then creamier X-D It's softly orange due to the Rosehip CO2 extract, but your skin doesn't turn orange when you apply it ;-)

The most wonderful part is: it isn't greasy at all! I was a bit afraid of that, but my skin sucked it in immediately.... and no greasy layer. Loveeeeee it!

My recipe:

30 gr sheabutter

20 gr mangobutter

15 gr cocoabutter

35 gr grapeseedoil

6 gr wheatgerm oil

10 gr aloe macerate (in soybean oil)

10 gr coconut oil (solid)

5 gr rose hip CO2

4 dr Styrax benzoin

7 dr Cymbopogon martinii var martinii

5 dr Salvia sclarea

10 dr Citrus reticulata

I combined all the oils and solids, except for the rosehip, and heated them over low heat until melted. I was afraid of graininess, but none whatsoever Big Grin

In the whipping bowl I added the rosehip and essential oils.

I'm now thinking... would it be even better if I just melted the solids and then applied the oils? Maybe it wouldn't make a difference?

I thought when whipping, it wasn't necessary to melt the solids first, but all the recipes I checked did... I couldn't imagine whipping an unmelted cocoabutter anyway ;-)

Hope to hear your comments!

PS I filled 5 50gr-jars with it... so it became twice as voluminous! Fluff to the max X-D
Quote this message in a reply
2010-03-09, 3:19 PM

Call me confused. Aloe macerate is only soluble in water, since it has no oil by itself. How were you able to combine water and oil with no separation? Also, since your product has a water based ingredient, wouldn't you need a preservative?
2010-03-09, 5:20 PM

Your confused....

oh, wait a minute... Confused is Confused... guess we just have to call you Soapbuddy... ;-)

And I have no response other than a smart a$$ one lol
2010-03-09, 6:12 PM

samsmom19 wrote:
Quote:Your confused....

oh, wait a minute... Confused is Confused... guess we just have to call you Soapbuddy... ;-)

And I have no response other than a smart a$$ one lol

X-D
2010-03-11, 5:30 AM

Aloe macerate is a maceration of Aloe in oil ;-)

I couldn't make it myself, because there are so much watercomponents in aloe, I think my oilmacerate would definately grow moulds.

But it is made by larger companies, al natural, probably by some heating/drying process.

The base is soy oil, so completely fatsoluable Smile
2010-03-11, 1:46 PM

Probably the same as Aloe Butter, basically.
2010-03-11, 5:04 PM

samsmom19 wrote:
Quote:Probably the same as Aloe Butter, basically.

In hydrogenated soy oil.