COSMOS Attestation Of Conformity By ECOCERT Greenlife
Raw material is approved by ECOCERT GREENLIFE, conform to the COSMOS standard.
WHAT IS ECOCERT?ECOCERT, first founded in France in the early 1990s, is now the world's leading certification body for organic farming, natural & organic cosmetics, textiles, food quality and safety, fair trade, forestry practices, and home-use products. The philosophy behind ECOCERT's establishment was to become the driving force behind sustainable economic growth that values our environment and natural resources, work towards healthier alternatives and solutions, as well as set the international standards required to unite global efforts in sustainable development.
ECOCERT Greenlife, a subsidiary body of ECOCERT, is responsible for approving and certifying non-food products including natural or organic cosmetics and raw materials. Established in 2009, it supports cosmetic companies that seek to join this revolutionary movement towards safer, more socially responsible, and planet-friendly long-term solutions.
WHAT IS THE COSMOS STANDARD?COSMOS stands for "COSMetic Organic and Natural Standard".
The COSMOS standard was implemented in 2010 by five European organizations: BDIH (Germany), Cosmebio (France), ECOCERT Greenlife (France), Soil Association Certification (UK), and ICEA (Italy). The primary aim of COSMOS was to align quality and sustainability standards across the international cosmetics sector to benefit all stakeholders, ensure transparency, and drive forth innovation.
COSMOS strives to achieve the following overarching goals:
- Encourage the use of organic ingredients, products, and practices.
- Protect biodiversity, the environment, and the earth's natural resources.
- Establish manufacturing and operational processes that minimize risks to human health.
- Advance the principles of 'green chemistry' to reduce the use of hazardous elements and practices.
- COSMOS ORGANIC - for cosmetic products that are certified under the COSMOS standard (must meet the stated percentage of organic ingredients).
- COSMOS NATURAL - for cosmetic products that are certified under the COSMOS standard (no minimum percentage of organic ingredients).
- COSMOS CERTIFIED - for cosmetic ingredients or raw materials with organic content adhering to the COSMOS-standard.
- COSMOS APPROVED - for cosmetic ingredients or raw materials with no organic content that are approved for products adhering to the COSMOS-standard.