BEST ESSENTIAL OIL DIFFUSER BLENDS FOR THE HOLIDAYS
- Choosing The Best Essential Oils
- Diffuser Blends For The Holidays
- How To Give Diffuser Blends As Gifts
The holidays are right around the corner. Depending on where you are located, cold temperatures and snowfall is well underway. You may feel compelled to recuperate with your family and do indoor holiday activities such as decorating, wrapping presents, watching Christmas movies, or enjoying some egg nogg. If you are hosting any festive parties this year, adding the finishing touches to your space are equally important to the overall experience as adding the perfect bow on a present. Diffusing essential oils that are characteristic of the season can enhance the experience of holiday gatherings and activities such as decorating, gift wrapping, or simply sipping a hot beverage by the fireplace.
The essential oils that are most reminiscent of the holidays include spicy, woody, citrusy, and fresh aromas. Oils that belong to these scent categories can be blended synergistically to enrich your senses, brighten your space, and comfort your spirit. Continue reading to discover the best aromatic oil pairings of the season and find ways to gift diffuser blends to loved ones.
CHOOSING THE BEST ESSENTIAL OILS FOR THE HOLIDAY SEASON
While it is true that essential oils can be diffused year-round, pairing specific scents together can evoke a festive and cheery atmosphere, making the holiday season feel even more special. The scent profiles that are the most reminiscent of the holidays include woody scents such as Pine, Cedarwood, Spruce, and Fir. Spice Oils such as Cinnamon, Clove, and Nutmeg are appropriate for the holiday season as these aromas are associated with baking gingerbread men, snickerdoodle cookies, and other classic treats. Citrus fruits are known to be in season during the winter months and are also associated with holiday baking. Sweet Orange and Lemon Oils add a bright balance to a festive diffuser blend. The cool and frosty scents associated with winter can be achieved with fresh oils, namely Peppermint and Eucalyptus.
The Essential Oils that are the most festive to diffuse during the Holiday Season include:
- Spice Oils such as Cinnamon, Cardamom, Ginger, Clove, Pepper Black, and Nutmeg.
- Citrus Oils such as Sweet Orange, Grapefruit, Lemon, Bergamot, and Tangerine.
- Woody Oils such as Spruce, Cedarwood, Pine, Cypress, and Fir.
- Refreshing Oils such as Peppermint, Eucalyptus, Spearmint 65%, and Wintergreen.
- Aromatic Resin Oils such as Frankincense, Myrrh, and Elemi.
ESSENTIAL OIL DIFFUSER BLENDS FOR THE HOLIDAYS
1. SPICED CIDER (source: Essential Oil Haven)
The warm, apple infused drink adds the perfect amount of sugar and spice for the holiday season. Spruce up your home with the quintessential notes of Ginger, Sweet Orange, and Cinnamon, and you'll be ready to get cozy by the fireplace. Cinnamon stick optional.
- 3 drops Ginger Essential Oil
- 3 drops Sweet Orange Essential Oil
- 1 drop Cinnamon Essential Oil
2. CANDY CANE CELEBRATION
This scrumptious blend will whisk you away to a winter wonderland full of red ribbons, sugar-white snow, and the smell of the classic Christmas candy.
- 2 drops Wintergreen Essential Oil
- 3 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- 2 drops Cinnamon Essential Oil
3. GINGERBREAD HOUSE
It wouldn't be the holiday season without the trademark gingerbread house! Instead of making a mess with sticky icing, diffuse this spicy yet earthy blend and indulge your senses.
- 2 drops Ginger Essential Oil
- 1 drop Clove Essential Oil
- 2 drops Cinnamon Essential Oil
- 1 drop Cardamom Essential Oil
4. WINTER SPICE DIFFUSER BLEND (source: One Essential Community)
Enrich your space with the best scents of the season, whether you're putting up decorations, watching a Christmas movie while sipping egg nogg, or sharing a festive meal with loved ones, this blend is the perfect addition to any holiday activity within the home.
- 3 drops Bergamot Essential Oil
- 1 drop Ginger Essential Oil
- 1 drop Cassia Essential Oil
- 1 drop White Fir Essential Oil
5. SUGARPLUM FAIRY DIFFUSER BLEND
This enchanted diffuser blend features Invigorating and synergistic blend of Rosemary, Juniper Berry, Lemongrass, Nutmeg, Fir Balsam, Pepper Black, and Lemon Essential Oils. Balanced by Sweet Orange and Cinnamon Bark, and you will have a truly ethereal diffuser blend in the atmosphere.
- 3 drops Sweet Orange Essential Oil
- 2 drops Invigorating Synergy Blend
- 1 drop Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
6. WISEMAN'S GIFT DIFFUSER BLEND (source: Loving Essential Oils)
Get into the spirit of Christmas with this rich and warm blend of Frankincense and Myrrh. Add 2 drops of Sweet Orange for a bright dose of holiday cheer.
- 3 drops Frankincense Essential Oil
- 3 drops Myrrh Essential Oil
7. CHRISTMAS FROST DIFFUSER BLEND
Featuring Fir Needle, Cedarwood and Juniper Berry, this blend is grounding and uplifting, perfect for when you need to cultivate a sense of calm in the midst of the holiday rush.
- 2 drops Fir Needle Essential Oil
- 2 drops Cedarwood Essential Oil
- 2 drops Juniper Berry Essential Oil
HOW TO GIVE HOLIDAY DIFFUSER BLENDS AS GIFTS
Diffuser blends make excellent aromatic gifts to give as a stocking stuffer, especially to loved ones who use essential oils throughout their home. Choose your favourite diffuser blend and place it into an empty essential oil dropper bottle, preferably one made of dark amber glass. You can add double the amount of any diffuser blend into the dropper bottle, ensuring the recipient has enough for multiple uses. Finish with a customized ingredient tag to stick onto the bottle or print one off and tie it around the top with a thin ribbon. You can curl the ends of the ribbon using the inner edges of a scissor.
CONTRAINDICATIONS FOR ESSENTIAL OILS
As with all NDA products, Essential Oils are for external use only, and are not recommended to be ingested. Although it is rare to experience adverse effects from using Essential Oils, possible symptoms of negative side effects include rashes and/or gastrointestinal distress (such as stomach pain, nausea, and hyperacidity).
Pregnant women are strongly advised against using certain Essential Oils due to their potential emmenagogue effects. If you are pregnant or nursing and insist on using these oils, it is recommended that you seek the medical guidance of a physician prior to use. The oils should always be kept out of reach of children.
- HOW TO MAKE CANDLES: THE ULTIMATE BEGINNER'S GUIDE
- A STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE TO SOAP-MAKING FOR BEGINNERS
- STEP-BY-STEP GUIDES TO MAKING YOUR OWN NATURAL MOISTURIZERS, BUTTERS, AND LOTIONS
- ENCHANTING ESSENTIAL OILS FOR VALENTINE'S DAY
- TOP 10 ESSENTIAL OILS FOR THE COLD WEATHER
- TRAVEL ESSENTIALS: MUST-HAVE ESSENTIAL OIL BLENDS FOR TRAVEL
- KID-FRIENDLY PRODUCTS: ESSENTIAL OILS & CARRIER OILS
- TOP 10 ESSENTIAL OILS FOR SPRING TO REFRESH, UPLIFT, & BOOST IMMUNITY
- TOP 10 BENEFITS OF NATURAL SHAMPOOS AND CONDITIONERS
- HOW TO ACHIEVE FLAWLESS HAND HYGIENE
- HOW TO MAKE DIY CREAMS & LOTIONS FOR DRY HANDS
- EVERYTHING YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT COSMETIC GMP (GOOD MANUFACTURING PRACTICES)
- MAKING ALL-NATURAL SHAMPOOS: A BEGINNER'S GUIDE
- ESSENTIAL OILS FOR SLEEP
- ESSENTIAL OILS FOR HAIR
- A COMPLETE GUIDE TO ESSENTIAL OILS FOR SKIN
- BLENDING AND DILUTING ESSENTIAL OILS
- BEST NATURAL INGREDIENTS FOR HEALTHY HAIR
- THE BEST ESSENTIAL OILS AND CARRIER OILS FOR A BODY MASSAGE
- SKIN AND HAIR CARE FOR HARD WATER IMPACT
- ESSENTIAL OILS FOR MEDITATION AND SPIRITUAL PRACTICES
- PHOTOTOXICITY AND SAFETY USING ESSENTIAL OILS
- ESSENTIAL OILS AND CARRIER OILS FOR HEALTHY AND STRONG NAILS
- THE BEST NATURAL ALTERNATIVES FOR PETROLEUM JELLY
- ESSENTIAL OILS TO SUPPORT WOMEN'S HEALTH
- NATURAL INGREDIENTS FOR WINTER SKIN CARE
- DIY CHRISTMAS CANDLE GIFT IDEAS
- DIY CHRISTMAS SOAP RECIPES
- THE BEST ENERGY BOOSTING ESSENTIAL OILS
- ESSENTIAL OILS FOR TREATING COLD SYMPTOMS
- PERFUME SCENTS IN FAVORITE FRAGRANCES
- Essential OilsView our complete range of Essential Oils
Spruce Essential Oil - White
USD $6.99 (1/6oz) - $491.02 (33.3oz)
Elemi Essential Oil
USD $5.99 (1/2oz) - $192.31 (33.3oz)
Myrrh Indian Resinoid
USD $5.99 (1/2oz) - $2765.63 (44lbs)
Wintergreen Organic Essential Oil (Nepal)
USD $5.99 (1/2oz) - $3156.25 (44lbs)
Spearmint 65% (India) Essential Oil
USD $5.99 (1/2oz) - $5246.05 (396lbs)
Eucalyptus Organic Essential Oil (Globulus)
USD $5.99 (1/2oz) - $6039.47 (396lbs)
Peppermint Supreme Organic Essential Oil
USD $5.99 (1/2oz) - $1209.68 (26.4lbs)
Fir Balsam Organic Essential Oil
USD $5.99 (1/2oz) - $2932.19 (20kg)
Cypress Organic Essential Oil
USD $5.99 (1/2oz) - $2516.25 (44lbs)
Pine Organic Essential Oil
USD $5.99 (1/2oz) - $3359.38 (44lbs)
Cedarwood Organic Essential Oil (Atlas)
USD $5.99 (1/2oz) - $781.25 (44lbs)
Cinnamon Bark Organic Essential Oil
USD $7.99 (1/6oz) - $9843.75 (44lbs)
Tangerine Essential Oil
USD $5.99 (1/2oz) - $620.31 (44lbs)
Bergamot Organic Essential Oil
USD $4.99 (1/6oz) - $5671.88 (44lbs)
Lemon Organic Essential Oil
USD $5.99 (1/2oz) - $10023.16 (396lbs)
Grapefruit Pink Organic Essential Oil
USD $5.99 (1/6oz) - $6562.50 (44lbs)
Orange Organic Essential Oil (Sweet)
USD $5.99 (1/2oz) - $4559.21 (396lbs)
Ginger Organic Essential Oil
USD $4.99 (1/6oz) - $1475.00 (11lbs)
Nutmeg Organic Essential Oil
USD $3.99 (1/6oz) - $250.00 (33.3oz)
Pepper Black Organic Essential Oil
USD $2.99 (1/6oz) - $2546.88 (44lbs)
Clove Bud Organic Essential Oil
USD $2.99 (1/6oz) - $3531.25 (44lbs)
Cardamom Organic Essential Oil
USD $14.99 (1/6oz) - $637.10 (16.6oz)
New Directions Aromatics Inc.
All rights reserved.