ALL-NATURAL RECIPES TO CELEBRATE INTERNATIONAL COFFEE DAY
- Cultural Significance
- Luxurious Coffee Oils and Butter
- All-Natural Coffee-Inspired Recipes
Coffee is one of the most beloved beverages globally. The highly customizable cup of java is enjoyed differently in every culture, and with coffee shops around almost every corner, there are infinite ways to tailor it just the way you like it. Whether you take your coffee black, sweetened with cream, iced, hot, or blended, there is no wrong way to consume this excellent source of caffeine. International Coffee Day is on Saturday, October 1st, 2022, and countries around the world have been celebrating throughout the last week of September. For major coffee enthusiasts, relishing in this delicious aromatic beverage should not end after the last drop.
Along with its stimulating benefits and antioxidant profile, coffee can also revitalize and restore the skin and hair. Coffee Butter, Coffee Bean (Roasted) Oil, and Coffee Bean (Green) Oil possess emollient, antioxidant, and softening properties that support healthy looking skin and hair. Aromatically, Roasted Coffee Bean Oil and Coffee Butter exhibit a stimulating and decadent java scent that is the next best thing to brewing a second cup of coffee. No matter how you take your coffee, be sure to rise and shine to the ways in which coffee raw materials can invigorate your skin and hair health, as well as unique recipes you can indulge in.
CULTURAL SIGNIFICANCE OF INTERNATIONAL COFFEE DAY
Simply put, International Coffee Day is a day to celebrate one of the world's most popular hot drinks. The first International Coffee Day is believed to have taken place in China in 1997, in Nepal in November 2005, and in Taiwan in 2009.
The first International Coffee Day was declared by the International Coffee Organization (ICO) on September 28th, 2015. In the following years, countries around the world have celebrated their own national coffee days on different dates.
International Coffee Day is not only a day to enjoy a cup of coffee just the way you like it. It is a day to acknowledge the farmers, roasters, tasters, and manufacturers that are involved in delivering the perfect brew or bag of beans to the consumer. Coffee bean farmers have notoriously been exploited, overworked, and underpaid for their contributions. Therefore, it is important for those celebrating International Coffee Day to educate themselves and acknowledge where their coffee comes from, how it is made, and to understand the importance of the fair trade of coffee.
LUXURIOUS COFFEE OILS AND BUTTER
Coffee Oil (Green) - Cold pressed from the seeds of the Coffea arabica tree grown in Brazil, Green Coffee Bean Oil is cultivated from beans that have yet to be roasted. These green beans yield a pure oil with higher concentrations of Chlorogenic Acid, Fatty Acids, and Phytosterols, since no heat elements are involved in the extraction process. Green Coffee Bean Essential Oil is believed to possess powerful hydrating and soothing properties that replenish extremely dry skin and restores the pH balance. Green Coffee Bean Oil is also believed to support clear-looking skin, as well as reduce the appearance of cellulite.
Coffee Oil (Roasted) - Verified by ECOCERT/ Cosmos Approved- Roasted Coffee Bean Oil is cold pressed from the seeds of the Coffea arabica L. tree grown in Brazil. Since the beans are roasted when the oil is extracted, it possesses a rich and bold aroma reminiscent of freshly brewed coffee. Rich in flavonoids and fatty acids, Roasted Coffee Bean Oil exhibits antioxidant activity that replenishes the skin and the hair while offering protection from free radicals. Just as having a sip of freshly brewed coffee is energizing and uplifting, adding Coffee Oil to your skin care routine is rejuvenating for the skin and helps to minimize the appearance of puffy dark circles associated with tired-looking eyes.
Coffee Butter (Roasted) - Coffee Butter consists of coffee oil extracted from roasted beans and non-GMO soy butter. This butter is luxurious, with a whipped, creamy texture and a scrumptious and invigorating coffee aroma. Rich in Vitamin E, lecithin, and natural antioxidants, Coffee Butter moisturizes extra dry skin and protects the skin's surface from becoming chapped due to environmental elements.
ALL-NATURAL COFFEE-INSPIRED RECIPES
Awaken your senses and create a warm and cozy atmosphere with the aroma of rich coffee-inspired blends, for any time of the day.
1. COFFEE ANYONE? (Source: Loving Essential Oils)
- 3 drops Cardamom Essential Oil
- 3 drops Orange Sweet Essential Oil
- 2 drops Coffee Bean Oil (roasted)
- 2 drops Vanilla
2. MORNING COMMUTE (source: Loving Essential Oils)
Mornings can be hectic. Whether you're travelling by car, public transit, bike, or by foot, allow this mellow and unique blend set the tone for a great day!
- 4 drops Coffee Bean Oil (roasted)
- 3 drops Frankincense Essential Oil
- 2 drops Sandalwood Essential Oil
3. PEPPERMINT MOCHA (source: Loving Essential Oils)
For fans of chocolate and peppermint, indulge your senses any time of year with the decadent aromas inspired by the sweet drink!
- 3 drops Coffee Bean Oil (roasted)
- 2 drops Vanilla Oleoresin - 10-Fold
- 1 drop Peppermint Essential Oil
4. CINNAMON LATTE (source: Loving Essential Oils)
Bold coffee is balanced by sweet vanilla and spicy cinnamon to replicate the flavorful espresso drink!
- 3 drops Coffee Bean Oil (roasted)
- 3 drops Vanilla Oleoresin - 10-Fold
- 1 drop Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
PERSONAL CARE RECIPES
Not only does coffee smell and taste delicious, it also boasts antioxidants and skin-loving benefits that are perfect for topical application! Invigorate your skin and hair with the stimulating power of coffee!
1. COFFEE SUGAR SCRUB (Source: Organic Facts)
- 1 oz fine sugar or brown sugar
- 1 oz Carrier Oil of your choice (Fractionated Coconut and Jojoba Oils are recommended)
- 12 drops Coffee Bean Oil (roasted)
- Small glass container
- Spoon (to dispense)
- Add all ingredients to a glass container and mix well
- Scoop out the desired amount of scrub with a spoon. Apply to wet skin and rinse away.
2. COFFEE ROLL-ON RECIPE (source: Organic Facts)
Bold coffee is balanced by calming lavender for an uplifting yet soothing effect. Ideal for use at the office or work environment!
- 2 drops Coffee Bean Oil (roasted)
- 2 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 1 drop Frankincense Essential Oil
- 2 teaspoons Jojoba Oil
- 10 ml glass roller bottle
- Add all ingredients to the roller bottle and shake well to combine.
3. COFFEE LIP SCRUB (source: New Directions Aromatics)
Remove dead skin cells and reveal supple lips with this delicious coffee lip scrub. For even softer kisses, follow up with your favorite lip balm!
- 1 tbsp Coconut Carrier Oil
- 1 tsp cane sugar
- 1-2 drops of Coffee Oil (roasted)
- 2 drops Calendula Herbal Oil
- Airtight lip balm container
- Combine the Coconut oil, Calendula Oil, and Coffee essential oil until well mixed.
- Stir in the sugar until evenly combined.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Apply scrub to wet lip and rub in a circular motion.
- Rinse away, and apply lip balm immediately after.
4. COFFEE BUTTER SOAP BAR (source: Soap Queen)
Quench thirsty skin with this extra rich bar soap recipe featuring decadent coffee butter, Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, and aromatic Coffee Oil!
- 13 oz Olive Carrier Oil
- 8 oz Coconut Carrier Oil
- 8 oz Palm Carrier Oil
- 1.5 oz Coffee Butter
- 15 drops Coffee Bean Oil (roasted)
- 5 oz Brewed Coffee, cooled
- 5 oz distilled water
- 4 oz Sodium Hydroxide Lye
- 2 tbsp used coffee grounds
- Whole coffee beans (for decoration, optional)
- 10-inch silicone loaf mold
- Crinkle cutter (optional)
- Hand-held blender
- Slowly and gradually add the lye to the water-coffee mixture, stirring gently until the lye has fully dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- Fully melt and combine the coconut oil, palm oil, olive oil, coffee butter, and coffee oil. Remember to fully melt then mix your entire container of palm oil before portioning. Once the lye water and the oils have cooled to 130 degrees or below (and are ideally within 10 degrees of each other), add the lye water to the oils, and stick blend until it's at a thin trace.
- Continue to stick and blend the soap until you reach a medium trace. Medium trace is perfect for suspending the coffee grounds and creating texture on top.
- Add 2 tablespoons of used coffee grounds to the soap batter and use a whisk to fully incorporate them.
- Pour the soap batter into the mold. Tap the mold firmly on the counter to get rid of bubbles.
- Use a spoon to mound the soap in the center and create texture. There is no right or wrong way to do this, so have fun with it!
- Place coffee beans in the center of the soap down the length of the mold. Gently pressing the beans into the soap will help them stick better.
- (Optional) Use the Crinkle Cutter to achieve the textured cut shown here. Allow the bars to cure for four to six weeks.
- If you'd like a harder bar of soap that releases faster from the mold, you can add sodium lactate to the cooled lye water. Use 1 teaspoon of sodium lactate per pound of oils.
- For the Coffee Lye Solution: Measure 5 ounces of coffee into the container you use to mix the lye solution. Add 5 ounces of distilled water to the coffee, which needs to cool to room temperature or below before adding the lye. The colder the mixture is when the lye is added, the colder it will be after the lye is added. Once your liquid is room temperature or below, slowly add the sodium hydroxide lye to the coffee and gently stir until the lye flakes are fully dissolved.
5. COFFEE CUTICLE BALM (source: New Directions Aromatics)
Promote soft cuticles and beautiful, healthy nails with this cuticle balm featuring stimulating Coffee Oil and rich emollients.
- 1 tbsp Mango butter
- 1.5 tbsp beeswax pellets
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 2 drops of Vitamin E
- 5 drops Coffee Oil
- Airtight lip balm container
- Melt the mango butter, avocado oil, and beeswax in the double boiler.
- Remove from heat, add essential oils, and Vitamin E blend well.
- Pour into pots or tins and leave untouched to set.
CONTRAINDICATIONS FOR COFFEE BUTTER AND COFFEE BEAN OILS
All New Directions Aromatics Essential Oils are for external use only. They should not be ingested and should not be stored within the reach of children, in case of accidental ingestion. As with essential and carrier oils, a patch test should be conducted on the inner arm or another generally insensitive area of skin, using a dime-size amount of the specified oil to check for sensitivities. An absence of an allergic response within 48 hours suggests that the oil is safe to use.
The topical application of most carrier oils is generally known to be safe with responsible use, but irritations, allergies, rashes, and other side effects are possible. In the chance of an allergic reaction, discontinue the use of the product and see a doctor, pharmacist, or allergist immediately for a health assessment and appropriate remedial action. To prevent side effects, consult with a medical professional prior to use.
Essential or carrier oils must never be used near the eyes, inner nose, and ears, or on any other particularly sensitive areas of skin.
- 8 RECIPES FOR RELAXATION WITH LAVENDER OIL
- FRANKINCENSE OIL RECIPES TO ELEVATE YOUR WELL-BEING
- 14 DIY PEPPERMINT OIL RECIPES TO COOL, UPLIFT, & REVIVE!
- DIFFUSER, MASSAGE, AND COSMETICS RECIPES WITH TEA TREE OIL
- OREGANO OIL FOR AROMATHERAPY, MASSAGES & COSMETICS
- 17 WAYS TO PURIFY & PROTECT WITH EUCALYPTUS OIL
- 4 STIMULATING WAYS TO REJUVENATE WITH ROSEMARY OIL
- 21 WAYS TO USE 'LIQUID SUNSHINE'
- THE BEST ESSENTIAL OILS & RECIPES FOR FOOT CARE
- Essential OilsView our complete range of Essential Oils
- ButtersView our complete range of Butters
Coffee Oil - Green
USD $6.99 (1/2oz) - $273.08 (33.3oz)
Coffee Butter - Roasted
USD $14.99 (1.1lbs) - $280.53 (33lbs)
Coffee Oil - Roasted - Verified by ECOCERT / Cosmos Approved
USD $3.99 (1/6oz) - $4437.50 (44lbs)
New Directions Aromatics Inc.
All rights reserved.