DISCOVER PURIFYING WAYS TO HEAL WITH TEA TREE
- When diffused, Tea Tree Essential Oil boosts immunity, fights infections, reduces anxiety, and relieves insomnia as well as congestion. It also eliminates airborne bacteria.
- In a massage, Tea Tree Essential Oil detoxifies and disinfects the body, soothes inflammation, and relieves the pain of minor burns, sores, bites, and cuts.
- In a bath, Tea Tree Essential Oil heals skin conditions, and it relieves inflammation as well as respiratory issues such as coughs, colds, and the flu.
- In cosmetics, Tea Tree Essential Oil lightens scars, disinfects pores, and replenishes skin’s natural oil balance.
A RE-CAP OF TEA TREE OIL
Tea Tree Essential Oil is an eminent and versatile oil that can be used on almost any part of the body for almost any ailment. The positive effects of Tea Tree Oil are powerful and have beneficial impacts on interconnected body systems. It is reputed to cleanse, purify, and rejuvenate the skin, to promote healing and relaxation, to enhance and support immune function, and to eliminate bacteria, both on surfaces and in the air. It can be used in numerous body care products ranging from skin and hair care to emotional care through aromatherapy. This article highlights what can be achieved with natural homemade recipes that use the advantages of Tea Tree Essential Oil.
USING TEA TREE OIL IN A DIFFUSER OR ROOM SPRAY: TO FIGHT GERMS
Used in aromatherapy, the calming fragrance of Tea Tree Essential Oil has demonstrated its ability to naturally support and boost immune system health and fight infections, as it diminishes the detrimental feeling of stress, which facilitates illness. It is beneficial in treating issues with sleeplessness, acting as a sleep aid by reducing any aches and pains that can cause insomnia. Its herbaceous scent also uplifts the mood and boosts mental clarity. Tea Tree Oil’s expectorant properties also make it effective in facilitating the relief of congestion and respiratory tract infections.
As a disinfecting air spray, Tea Tree Essential Oil acts as a natural, anti-microbial, non-toxic air freshener that removes bacteria, viruses, and mold from the environment. By placing a couple of drops in a steaming bowl of hot water and leaning over it to inhale the aromatic vapors with a towel draped over the head and the bowl, Tea Tree Oil can be used to help a sinus infection.
- TEA TREE DIFFUSER BLEND FOR ELIMINATING BACTERIA
|Tea Tree Essential Oil||4 drops|
|Lemon Essential Oil||4 drops|
|Peppermint Essential Oil||4 drops|
|Eucalyptus Essential Oil||4 drops|
- In order to achieve a thorough mix of oils before adding them to a diffuser, add all oils to a 2 ml glass bottle.
- Roll bottle between hands to blend oils.
- Based on manufacturer’s instructions, add the appropriate number of drops to your diffuser.
- To increase the quantity, multiply the recipe above and add it to a larger bottle.
- This recipe is not intended for topical use.
- TEA TREE STEAM BLEND TO FIGHT COLDS
|Tea Tree Essential Oil||4 drops|
|Eucalyptus Essential Oil||4 drops|
|Vicks Vapor Rub||1 Tbsp.|
- Thoroughly cleanse skin
- Boil 3 cups of distilled or purified water.
- Remove the water from the heat and allow it to cool in a bowl for 5 minutes.
- Add the essential oils and vapor rub to the water and stir.
- Place the bowl somewhere stable and comfortable where you can sit for 10 minutes.
- Drape a large bath towel over your head, shoulders, and the bowl.
- Lean over the bowl with your face 10-12 inches away from the water.
- Ensure that your eyes are closed during the entire steam, as the oils may irritate open eyes.
- Inhale through your nose and exhale through your mouth. Enjoy the relief from congestion and other cold symptoms.
USING TEA TREE OIL IN A MASSAGE: TO BOOST IMMUNITY
Diluted with a carrier oil and used topically, Tea Tree Oil’s sudorific properties may help to strengthen and stimulate the immune system to increase its ability to fight off infection. It does this by promoting perspiration to eliminate internal bodily toxins. Known to have anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties, this soothing oil provides relief to minor burns, sores, bites, and cuts by decreasing pain, inhibiting bleeding, eliminating bacteria from the wound, and promoting the faster healing of wounds and scars. Tea Tree Oil relieves muscle aches as well as pain associated with illness and arthritis.
- TEA TREE MASSAGE OIL BLEND TO BOOST IMMUNITY
|Carrier Oil of personal preference||120 ml (4 fl. oz.)|
|Tea Tree Essential Oil||10 drops|
|Geranium Essential Oil||10 drops|
|Lemon Essential Oil||8 drops|
|Thyme Essential Oil||8 drops|
|Myrrh Essential Oil||6 drops|
|Elemi Essential Oil||5 drops|
- Mix the essential oils in a dark glass or PET plastic bottle.
- Dilute the blend by adding the carrier oil.
- Massage over the body for a boost to the immune system.
- TEA TREE AND PEPPERMINT MASSAGE OIL BLEND TO SOOTHE TIRED FEET
|Sweet Almond Carrier Oil||60 ml (2 fl. oz.)|
|Tea Tree Essential Oil||12 drops|
|Peppermint Essential Oil||12 drops|
- Add all oils to a dark 120 ml (4 fl. oz.) glass bottle and shake well to blend thoroughly.
- Gently massage the blend into feet and toes.
USING TEA TREE OIL IN A BATH: FOR EASY BREATHING & SOOTHING INFLAMMATION
When used in a bath, Tea Tree Essential Oil stimulates the body’s immune function through its antifungal and antibacterial properties, which combats the harmful effects of contaminants on the skin by inhibiting bacterial growth and reproduction. It heals skin conditions, such as Athlete’s Foot, while soothing burns and cuts. Its antiseptic properties eliminate bodily toxins and disinfect pores to prevent clogging that can lead to acne-prone skin. It can lighten scars while replenishing skin’s natural oil balance.
Inhaling the fragrance of bath water scented with Tea Tree Oil can relieve inflammation that causes not only a sore body but also sinus pressure and headaches. Its decongestant and expectorant properties make Tea Tree Essential Oil beneficial for reducing or relieving respiratory issues such as coughs, colds, and the flu. It does this by loosening phlegm and mucus in the nose and throat to facilitate their elimination. Its anti-bacterial activity fights respiratory infections and inflammation from ailments such as bronchitis, laryngitis, and tonsillitis.
- TEA TREE BATH BLEND FOR SORE MUSCLES
|Epsom Salt||1 cup|
|Dead Sea Salt||¼ cup|
|Baking Soda||¼ cup|
|Tea Tree Essential Oil||10 drops|
- Pour Epsom Salt into a clean mixing bowl.
- Add Dead Sea Salt to the Epsom Salt. Mix well.
- Add Baking Soda to the salts. Mix well.
- Add Tea Tree Essential Oil. Mix well.
- Spoon the final product into clean jars (such as canning or jam jars).
- When adding the salts to a warm bath, ensure complete dissolution in water to avoid slipping.
- Depending on the size of the bathtub, use between ¼ to ½ cup of this salt blend per bath.
- Relax and enjoy the relief from congestion, sore muscles, and inflammation.
- TEA TREE FOOT BATH BLEND TO FIGHT FOOT ODOR
|Water||8 cups (2 L) (70 fl. oz)|
|Tea Tree Oil||15 drops|
|Carrier Oil (Grapeseed, Almond, Jojoba, Olive suggested)||2 ½ Tbsp.|
- Fill a large container or spa foot bath with 8 cups (2 L) of hot water.
- Steep sprigs of Rosemary in this water for 10-15 minutes.
- Blend the Tea Tree Oil into the Carrier Oil.
- When the Rosemary herbs have been immersed for 10-15 minutes, add the Tea Tree and carrier oil blend to the water.
- Soak feet for 15 minutes twice daily.
- If the oil and water separate during the soak, simply swish the water around with feet.
- Towel dry feet and apply moisturizer.
USING TEA TREE OIL IN COSMETICS: TO CLEANSE AND SOOTHE
Tea Tree Essential Oil restores the complexion and improves the look and feel of blemished skin by cleansing, purifying and toning skin, soothing irritations, slowing the look of aging with its powerful anti-oxidant action, and improving the look of pores. When combined with other essential oils and diluted, Tea Tree can also be used in a toner for balancing oily skin. In hair care, Tea Tree Oil is known to be an antiseptic that effectively eliminates lice and nits. By soothing dry, flaking skin this fungicidal oil can refresh and moisturize the scalp to eliminate dandruff while boosting circulation, thereby stimulating the growth of hair.
- TEA TREE SHAMPOO BLEND FOR OILY HAIR
|Tea Tree Essential Oil||25 drops|
|Basil Essential Oil||15 drops|
|Grapeseed Carrier Oil||2 Tbsp.|
|Shampoo Base||1 cup|
|Raw Organic Honey||¼ cup|
|Vitamin E Oil||1 Tbsp.|
- Combine all ingredients in a dark glass container/jar.
- Screw the jar lid on tightly and shake the jar to thoroughly blend all ingredients.
- Store finished product in a cool place.
- TEA TREE OIL SALVE FOR LIPS AND SORE MUSCLES
|Tea Tree Essential Oil||1 Tbsp.|
|Beeswax||9 g (1/3 oz.)|
|Olive Carrier Oil||1/3 cup|
- Fill a medium-sized pan with 3 cups of water (or enough water to immerse the bottom half of an 8-ounce mason jar).
- Place the pan on the stove over medium heat.
- In an 8-ounce mason jar, combine the Olive Oil and the beeswax.
- Place the jar containing the blend into the pan of water to create a double boiler.
- Heat the blend until the beeswax melts.
- Stir the Olive Oil and beeswax mixture to ensure a thorough combination.
- Once the beeswax is completely melted, add the Tea Tree Essential Oil.
- Pour blend into metal tins or tubes, leaving an opening.
- When salve is cool to the touch, apply to lips, scratches, insect bites, bee stings, itchy spots, dry skin, and sore muscles.
- This salve can be made entirely with a double boiler; using a mason jar simply creates less of a mess.
- TEA TREE AND LEMONGRASS DEODORANT BAR
|Tea Tree Essential Oil||15 drops|
|Lemongrass Essential Oil (or another essential oil of personal preference)||15 drops|
|Shea Butter||¼ cup|
|Coconut Oil||¼ cup|
|Baking Soda||2 Tbsp.|
- In a heat-safe bowl, combine the Beeswax, Shea Butter, and Coconut Oil.
- Place a small saucepan filled with a couple of inches of water on the stove over low heat.
- Place the bowl on top of the pan to melt the wax and oils.
- Remove the bowl from the heat to stir in the Baking Soda and Cornstarch.
- Add in the essential oils and combine the mixture thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into soap or lotion bar molds (ice cube trays, loaf pans, silicone molds or other Tupperware will also work), and allow them to harden for several hours.
- To make moisturizing lotion bars, leave out the Baking Soda and Cornstarch.
- Due to the absence of water in this recipe, the final product will last for a minimum of 1 year.
- ROSEMARY AND TEA TREE OIL BODY BUTTER
|Shea Butter||5 Tbsp.|
|Mango Butter||5 Tbsp.|
|Jojoba Oil||1/8 cup|
|Tea Tree Essential Oil||8 drops|
|Rosemary Essential Oil||8 drops|
- In a mixing bowl, beat together all the ingredients using a whisk or hand blender until thoroughly combined and smooth.
- Scoop the body butter into a tightly sealed container and store it in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months.
- To use, scoop a small amount into hands and massage into dry areas of skin.
A LIST OF ESSENTIAL OILS AND INGREDIENTS IN THIS RECIPE ARTICLE
Lemon Essential Oil: This stimulating oil is known to detoxify, disinfect, and induce sleep. Its ability to calm and relieve stress contributes to its ability to boost immunity, which prevents fevers and infections. It is an anti-fungal oil that is known to rejuvenate skin by soothing irritations, increasing skin luster, and reducing excessive oil.
Peppermint Essential Oil: This oil is popular for its cooling scent that improves focus and mental clarity, boosts energy, clears the respiratory tract, and releases muscle tightness. It is used to soothe and reduce aches and digestive problems. Its anti-microbial property protects the body against bacteria.
Eucalyptus Essential Oil: Eucalyptus Essential Oil is a purifying, cleansing, clarifying, and immune-boosting oil that is ideal for use on skin, for use in aromatherapy, and as a surface cleaning agent and a fabric freshener. Eucalyptus Oil has anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, and antiseptic qualities, among other valuable properties.
Vicks Vapor Rub: This salve contains Camphor and Menthol, which contribute to its ability to temporarily relieve minor aches and pains in muscles and joints. Its minty scent promotes easy breathing by decongesting the nasal passages and relieves headaches. It clears up acne, moisturizes skin, and soothes itchiness and inflammation.
Geranium Essential Oil: The sweet, floral scent of this uplifting oil offers relaxation to the body and mind. It is known to improve mental function and to boost the moods of those who suffer from anger, anxiety, and depression.
Thyme Essential Oil: This oil is known to be one of the strongest antioxidants and as such it supports the immune system. By eliminating infections, it treats colds and coughs, detoxifies the body, decongests the nose and chest, increases circulation, and supports the digestive system.Thyme Essential Oil is also beneficial for naturally balancing hormones, reducing anxiety, and relieving insomnia.
Myrrh Essential Oil: This antioxidant, antibacterial, and anti-fungal essential oil is beneficial for reducing the appearance of aging due to its ability to rejuvenate skin, heal wounds, and soothe inflammation. Its expectorant property reduces phlegm, thereby relieving cough and cold symptoms such as congestion.
Elemi Essential Oil: This analgesic oil relieves the pain associated with colds, fevers, sprains, headaches, and muscular aches. Its strong expectorant properties relieve chest and nasal congestion to promote easier breathing. As an antiseptic, it defends the body against infection caused by bacteria, fungi, and viruses.
Sweet Almond Carrier Oil: This carrier oil provides an intense hydration suitable for all skin types. This skin-softening lubricant is almost odorless and is packed with vitamins, minerals, proteins, and essential fatty acids. Skin will look and feel nourished and revitalized.
Epsom Salt: These salts are known to facilitate the expulsion of toxins from the body, relieve stress, promote relaxation, soothe inflammation, and enhance the body’s nutrient absorption.
Dead Sea Salt: These salts are known to balance skin’s moisture, boost circulation, relieve muscle pain, improve metabolic functions, and detoxify.
Rosemary Sprigs: This antibacterial and antifungal herb helps to not only eliminate and prevent odors, but to also reduce inflammation and relieve pain. By boosting immunity, it protects the body from bacterial infections and eliminates toxins. It is also known to stimulate circulation, heal skin conditions, and slow the appearance of aging.
Carrier Oil: Carrier oils help to dilute essential oils before topical application, as their potency can be harmful when used in high concentrations without dilution. Carrier oils also help essential oils remain on the skin longer without quickly evaporating.
Basil Essential Oil: This antibacterial and anti-fungal oil is known to enhance the look and feel of hair and skin by eliminating excess oil and buildup while adding shine. It soothes itching, boosts circulation, and disinfects.
Grapeseed Carrier Oil: This is a light, fast-absorbing oil that promotes the speedy healing of wounds and minimizes the look of scarring. It is odorless and is not known to stain sheets. Grapeseed promotes the excretion of most toxins from the body thus boosting blood circulation.
Raw Organic Honey: This type of honey is full of enzymes and nutrients that add shine to dull hair without leaving it feeling heavy. As a humectant, it draws in and allows hair to retain moisture while also strengthening it and promoting healthier growth.
Vitamin E Liquid: This powerful antioxidant reduces inflammation, repairs hair damage, and promotes better circulation to boost healthier growth.
Beeswax: When added to creams and butters, Beeswax acts as a thickening agent and makes them more spreadable on the skin. By exfoliating skin and helping it retain moisture, Beeswax prevents skin from drying out and promotes the appearance of rejuvenated skin. This wax naturally has the scent of honey and can calm and soothe.
Olive Carrier Oil: This strengthening oil introduces weight and moisture to hair, sealing it in. It repairs split ends and smoothes the look of frizz. By conditioning, treating dandruff, and removing the buildup that prevents the growth of new hair, it improves the health and appearance of hair.
Lemongrass Essential Oil: This calming oil is commonly used to relieve anxiety, irritability, and sleeplessness, improving the length and quality of sleep.
Shea Butter: This nourishing butter is full of vitamins and fatty acids, making it an excellent moisturizer for skin. While moisturizing and repairing skin, it protects natural oils and boosts collagen.
Coconut Oil: This oil mixes well with other oils in a product and extends the product’s shelf life. It penetrates the skin quickly and adds moisture without clogging pores. Coconut Oil has antifungal and antibacterial properties and helps combat unpleasant odors.
Baking Soda: This finely powdered salt is known to be an excellent exfoliant that can remove dead skin cells while also balancing the skin’s pH level, which helps maintain clear, even-toned skin. Baking Soda is able to absorb moisture and eliminate the bacteria that contribute to unpleasant body odors. It helps detoxify the body and soften the skin to make it smooth.
Cornstarch: This scent-free powder soothes skin irritations such as sunburn and topical allergies. By absorbing moisture, it prevents body odors from forming.
Mango Butter: This non-greasy butter absorbs easily into the skin to soften and deeply moisturize. Its anti-oxidant properties reduce the appearance of wrinkles, making it an anti-aging moisturizer. Mango Butter is also known for its anti-inflammatory property and for protecting skin from UV radiation.
Jojoba Oil: This carrier oil is actually a liquid wax that resembles sebum, which is produced by human skin glands and which acts as a conditioning agent for skin. It is best known for preventing skin irritations and for its ability to balance skin’s oil production by removing excess oil. It locks in skin’s moisture and protects it from harsh environmental elements.
Rosemary Essential Oil: This pain-relieving oil stimulates blood circulation, which makes it a popular remedy for arthritis, muscle and joint pains, and headaches. It promotes faster healing for wounds by facilitating the process of coagulation.
- 8 RECIPES FOR RELAXATION WITH LAVENDER OIL
- WAYS TO STRENGTHEN WITH FRANKINCENSE
- WAYS TO ENERGIZE WITH PEPPERMINT
- RELIEVE AND STIMULATE WITH OREGANO
- EXHILARATING WAYS TO USE EUCALYPTUS OIL
- REJUVENATE YOURSELF WITH ROSEMARY OIL
- WAYS TO CLEANSE AND ENERGIZE WITH LEMON OIL
New Directions Aromatics Inc.
All rights reserved.