ENCHANTING ESSENTIAL OILS FOR VALENTINE'S DAY
- Discover Blends for Romance
- Top 10 Valentine's Day Oils
- Couple's Massage with Essential Oils
- Essential Oil Recipes for Massage
- Essential Oil Recipes for Personal Scents
- Essential Oil Side Effects
DISCOVER BLENDS FOR ROMANCE, AROMATHERAPY MASSAGES, & GIFTS!
On an amorous day dedicated to expressing love, displaying affection, and committing alone-time to prove devotion to one’s romantic partner, Essential Oils can help to enhance any experience, especially those with delicate, alluring, or exotic scents that have come to be associated with passion, warmth, relaxation, confidence, and stimulation. This Valentine’s Day, whether you plan to focus on rekindling your romantic connection in privacy, or you intend to enjoy a night on the town, Essential Oils can help to uplift and enliven your intimate experiences and add a new element of enchantment to your love story.
TOP 10 VALENTINE’S DAY ESSENTIAL OILS FOR LOVE, ROMANCE, AND SENSUALITY
The following list suggests Essential Oils that are reputed to help set up an ambient backdrop in which self-confidence is boosted, energy is improved, and physical affection is roused naturally as a result. Read on to discover the perfect gift ideas for lovers…
1. ROSE ABSOLUTE: This botanical extract is derived from the Rose – a universal icon of passionate love and romance – making it an obvious choice. Its sweet, robust, and feminine floral fragrance also makes it a popular one. Seductively moving yet calming, Rose Absolute is reputed to inspire feelings of desire, earning it a reputation as an aphrodisiac that often inspires a feeling of being light, lively, and youthful.
2. GERANIUM ORGANIC ESSENTIAL OIL: This is another Essential Oil with a sweet, bloomy fragrance that is similar to the scent of Rose Absolute, making it a less expensive alternative. Its bold and crisp scent is relaxing and soothing, an alluring quality that invigorates and inspires mental clarity, creating a sense of cheerfulness.
3. NEROLI ESSENTIAL OIL: Derived from Orange blossoms, the sweet, woody, clove-like scent of this citrus Essential Oil has an uplifting effect on the mood and contributes to a more animated, light-hearted atmosphere that is ideal for gamesome couples. As with other oils on this list, Neroli Oil is known for having a comforting effect on the mind and an arousing effect on the libido, helping to inspire passionate sensations.
4. JASMINE SAMBAC ABSOLUTE: The full, deep, heady, floral scent of this aromatic Absolute is reputed to soothe the mind, create a sense of optimism, and to stimulate and energize the body. With warm, honey-like undertones that can be described as seductive, this oil is said to help decrease distress, to enhance a positive outlook, and to improve focus, confidence, and relaxation. Jasmine Absolute has earned its rank among the stimulants that are referred to as aphrodisiacs, making it ideal for those who need help overcoming the anxiety that can contribute to sensual dysfunction.
5. SANDALWOOD ORGANIC ESSENTIAL OIL: With a warm, smoothe, and soft yet lingering creamy, woodsy scent, this sensual oil is reputed to be a popular fragrance ingredient in men’s products. Its comforting, seductive, uplifting aroma is said to help induce a calming environment that is conducive to physical and mental relief.
6. YLANG YLANG ESSENTIAL OIL (#2): The sweet and calming fragrance of this floral Essential Oil is reputed to help encourage emotional balance and relaxation for an improved mood. The powdery and musky scent of Ylang Ylang 2 heightens intimacy and enhances the pleasure of being in the moment, helping to encourage a sense of security between lovers.
7. CINNAMON BARK ORGANIC ESSENTIAL OIL: The sophisticated scent of this oil is almost meditative, conveying a cleansing quality that helps to decrease fatigue while promoting a deeply spiritual sense of serenity. Cinnamon Oil helps to promote transcendent thoughts, encourage restfulness, and to improve concentration. Its centering effect helps to redirect the focus of the wandering mind away from the chaos of day-to-day nuisances, making it perfect for an intimate night between two lovers.
8. FRANKINCENSE ORGANIC ESSENTIAL OIL: The deep, rich, mature scent of this resin inspires a sense of warmth that is reminiscent of the precious wood from which it is derived. Musty, sultry, and luxurious, the oil has undertones of cooling mint, exhibiting a clarifying effect on the mind. As it works to calm and comfort, Frankincense Oil helps to release the daily worries, instead encouraging peace and giving free rein to more passionate thoughts.
9. PATCHOULI ORGANIC ESSENTIAL OIL: The deep, earthy, full-bodied aroma of Patchouli Oil has a warm and long-lasting quality that mellows and soothes emotional intensity, increasing feelings of comfort, security, and well-being. The classy and formal yet simultaneously casual nuance of this hypnotic scent creates a penetrating atmosphere of mystery, which tends to be associated with intimacy and sensuality. This grounding and balancing oil is the ideal choice for a romantic rainy night.
10. CLARY SAGE ORGANIC ESSENTIAL OIL: This sweet, bright, and slightly spicy floral oil has a warm and herbaceous quality that is reputed to be beneficial for elevating the mind and promoting emotional comfort and balance. Energizing and refreshing, Clary Sage Oil is reputed to help overcome shyness and self-consciousness by boosting confidence and promoting a sense of optimism and excitement.
Use of the abovementioned oils does not need to remain limited to full-body massages or back and shoulder rubs; they may instead be diffused, diluted in a warm, scented bath, mixed into a regular body lotion, or incorporated into a formula for a natural scented candle or room spray.
Furthermore, Essential Oil blends can be added to recipes for personal scents, such as a roll-on perfume for her or a roll-on cologne for him: “Feminine” Scents include Rose, Geranium, Jasmine, Ylang Ylang, and Neroli. “Masculine” Scents include Cinnamon, Sandalwood, Patchouli, and Frankincense.
Rose Absolute blends well with Clary Sage, Sandalwood, Geranium, Frankincense, Patchouli, and Ylang Ylang, among others.
Geranium Oil blends well with Clary Sage, Jasmine, and Neroli, among others.
Neroil Oil blends well with Jasmine, Rose, and Sandalwood, among others.
Jasmine Absolute blends well with Sandalwood, Ylang Ylang, among others.
Sandalwood Oil blends well with Geranium, Lavender, Jasmine, Ylang Ylang, Patchouli, and Rose, among others.
Ylang Ylang #2 Oil blends well with Sandalwood and Neroli, among others.
Cinnamon Oil blends well with Neroli, and Ylang Ylang, among others.
Frankincense Oil blends well with Cinnamon Bark, Clary Sage, and Geranium, among others.
Patchouli Oil blends well with Sandalwood, and Rose, among others.
Clary Sage Oil blends well with Geranium, Jasmine, Neroli, Sandalwood and Ylang Ylang, among others.
ROMANTIC AND SENSUAL COUPLE’S MASSAGE WITH ESSENTIAL OILS
To create a romantic environment for an Aromatherapy Massage, begin by setting the mood with soft lighting cast by candles. For a more personal touch, consider creating personalized Aromatherapy Candles. For step-by-step instructions, have a look at our How to Make Candles article.
To further enhance the romantic setting, select a romantic scent or combination of scents that appeals to you and your partner, then disperse small sprays of the scent throughout the room and on linens. In addition, diffuse the aroma with a nebulizer, with classic diffusers and diffuser reeds, or with any other diffuser of personal preference.
ESSENTIAL OIL BLEND RECIPES FOR MASSAGE
For sensual massages, the following essential oil blends can be diluted in Coconut Fractionated Carrier Oil Medium-Chain Triglyceride 60/40 (87% Coconut MCT Oil + 13% Essential Oil blend):
“PASSION & SEDUCTION” APHRODISIAC MASSAGE BLEND
- 7 drops of Bergamot Oil
- 5 drops of Geranium Oil
- 5 drops of Patchouli Oil
- 3 drops of Sandalwood Oil
- 3 drops of Neroli Oil
- 2 drops of Ylang Ylang Oil
“TENDER ROMANCE” MASSAGE BLEND
- 10 drops Ylang Ylang Oil
- 8 drops Patchouli Oil
- 3 drops Sandalwood Oil
- 3 drops Geranium Oil
- 1 drop Rose Absolute
ESSENTIAL OIL BLEND RECIPES FOR PERSONAL SCENTS
The following Essential Oil blends can be added to roller bottles then topped up with Jojoba Golden Carrier Oil or with any 3% Dilution, all of which contain Jojoba Golden Carrier Oil.
DATE NIGHT ROLL-ON PERFUME (10 ML)
- 5 drops Sensual Synergy Blend
- 2 drops Ylang Ylang Oil
- 2 drops Sandalwood Oil
- 1 drop Clary Sage Oil
*Max. 20 drops of Essential Oil + Synergy Blend
DATE NIGHT ROLL-ON COLOGNE (10 ML)
- 3 drops Aphrodisiac Synergy Blend
- 2 drops Sandalwood Oil
- 2 drops Clary Sage Oil
- 1 drop Jasmine Absolute
*Max. 20 drops of Essential Oil + Synergy Blend
ESSENTIAL OIL SIDE EFFECTS
As with all other New Directions Aromatics products, all the Essential Oils mentioned in this article are for external use only. It is imperative to consult a medical practitioner before using these oils for therapeutic purposes. Pregnant and nursing women are especially advised not to use these Essential Oils without the medical advice of a physician, as they may have an effect on certain hormone secretions and it is unclear whether these effects are transferable to babies at these stages of development. These oils should always be stored in an area that is inaccessible to children, especially those under the age of 7.
Those with the following health conditions are recommended to be advised by a physician: cancer, heart-related ailments, skin disorders, or hormone-related ailments. Individuals that are taking prescription drugs, undergoing major surgery, or who are at a greater risk of experiencing strokes, heart attacks, or atherosclerosis are also advised to seek medical consultation prior to use.
Prior to using any Essential Oil, a skin test is recommended. This can be done by diluting 1 drop of the Essential Oil in 4 drops of a Carrier Oil and applying a dime-size amount of this blend to a small area of skin that is not sensitive. Essential Oils must never be used near the eyes, inner nose, and ears, or on any other particularly sensitive areas of skin. Potential side effects of Essential Oils include redness, rash, hives, burning, bleeding disorders, decreased speed of healing, low blood pressure, dizziness, headache, nausea, diarrhea, convulsions, and rapid heartbeat. In the event of an allergic reaction, discontinue use of the products and see a doctor, pharmacist, or allergist immediately for a health assessment and appropriate remedial action. To prevent side effects, consult with a medical professional prior to use.
- HOW TO MAKE CANDLES: THE ULTIMATE BEGINNER'S GUIDE
- A STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE TO SOAP-MAKING FOR BEGINNERS
- STEP-BY-STEP GUIDES TO MAKING YOUR OWN NATURAL MOISTURIZERS, BUTTERS, AND LOTIONS
- TOP 10 ESSENTIAL OILS FOR THE COLD WEATHER
- TRAVEL ESSENTIALS: MUST-HAVE ESSENTIAL OIL BLENDS FOR TRAVEL
- KID-FRIENDLY PRODUCTS: ESSENTIAL OILS & CARRIER OILS
- TOP 10 ESSENTIAL OILS FOR SPRING TO REFRESH, UPLIFT, & BOOST IMMUNITY
- TOP 10 BENEFITS OF NATURAL SHAMPOOS AND CONDITIONERS
- HOW TO ACHIEVE FLAWLESS HAND HYGIENE
- HOW TO MAKE DIY CREAMS & LOTIONS FOR DRY HANDS
- EVERYTHING YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT COSMETIC GMP (GOOD MANUFACTURING PRACTICES)
- MAKING ALL-NATURAL SHAMPOOS: A BEGINNER'S GUIDE
- ESSENTIAL OILS FOR SLEEP
- ESSENTIAL OILS FOR HAIR
- A COMPLETE GUIDE TO ESSENTIAL OILS FOR SKIN
- BLENDING AND DILUTING ESSENTIAL OILS
- BEST NATURAL INGREDIENTS FOR HEALTHY HAIR
- THE BEST ESSENTIAL OILS AND CARRIER OILS FOR A BODY MASSAGE
- SKIN AND HAIR CARE FOR HARD WATER IMPACT
- ESSENTIAL OILS FOR MEDITATION AND SPIRITUAL PRACTICES
- PHOTOTOXICITY AND SAFETY USING ESSENTIAL OILS
- ESSENTIAL OILS AND CARRIER OILS FOR HEALTHY AND STRONG NAILS
- THE BEST NATURAL ALTERNATIVES FOR PETROLEUM JELLY
- ESSENTIAL OILS TO SUPPORT WOMEN'S HEALTH
- NATURAL INGREDIENTS FOR WINTER SKIN CARE
- DIY CHRISTMAS CANDLE GIFT IDEAS
- DIY CHRISTMAS SOAP RECIPES
- BEST ESSENTIAL OIL DIFFUSER BLENDS FOR THE HOLIDAYS
- THE BEST ENERGY BOOSTING ESSENTIAL OILS
- ESSENTIAL OILS FOR TREATING COLD SYMPTOMS
- PERFUME SCENTS IN FAVORITE FRAGRANCES
- HOW TO EXFOLIATE YOUR FACE AT HOME
- Personal CareView our complete range of Personal Care
Sensual Synergy Blend
USD $13.99 (3.3oz) - $1585.94 (44lbs)
Aphrodisiac Synergy Blend
USD $25.99 (3.3oz) - $2990.94 (44lbs)
Medium Chain Triglyceride - MCT 60/40 Oil - Verified by ECOCERT / Cosmos Approved
USD $12.99 (16oz) - $2862.50 (418lbs)
Rose Absolute (Bulgaria)
USD $55.99 (1/6oz) - $5982.46 (33.3oz)
Geranium Organic Essential Oil
USD $3.99 (1/6oz) - $4218.75 (44lbs)
Neroli (Egypt) Essential Oil
USD $16.99 (1/6oz) - $45.99 (1/2oz)
Jasmine Sambac Absolute
USD $68.99 (1/6oz) - $3958.33 (16.6oz)
Sandalwood Organic Essential Oil
USD $25.99 (1/6oz) - $2807.02 (33.3oz)
Ylang Ylang Essential Oil (#2)
USD $2.99 (1/6oz) - $2862.81 (44lbs)
New Directions Aromatics Inc.
All rights reserved.